So you are thinking of selling your most valuable asset - your home. It's a big decision and there are a lot of things to consider when you are moving. One of the MOST important decisions is hiring the right agent. Most people don't know this but getting your real estate license is a relatively easy thing to do. You take some classes geared around teaching you the "theory" of real estate, pass a test and your 'in'.
Sadly, most of the new agents I talk to get into real estate because the "love houses". While it is very important that you like homes, that is not what makes a great REALTOR. A great REALTOR needs to understand how to interpret the market (i.e. Economics), how to successfully market to buyers today (Marketing and Technology), how to write a legal contract and how to successfully negotiate the transaction.
The problem is that most agents out there have not been properly training in these areas and, if you place your trust in them, you stand to lose valuable time and money. So, how do you vet out whether an agent is qualified to help you?
To help you in this process, I have compiled a list of 20 questions to ask when interviewing an agent to sell your home in 2016. Of course, I would be happy to meet with you an answer these questions for my team. Call me for a FREE, private, in home consulatation at 678-631-1812.
1. Do you work as a full-time Realtor?
2. How many buyers are you currently working with?
3. What can you tell me about the real estate market in this area?
4. What kind of advertising do you do? May I see some samples?
5. Do you employ a professional stager? Who pays for the consultation?
6. Do you employ a professional photographer? If yes, do they also do a floor plan schematic? Is twilight photography an option?
7. Do you have Youtube channel and will my home be advertised as a video? Can I see your Youtube channel?
8. How do you attract buyers from outside the local area?
9. How many of your own listings have you sold in the last 12 months?
10. Do you have a system to follow-up with other agents so you can obtain valuable feedback on every showing? What is your feedback response rate?
11. Do you have a team to help with the details or are you a one man/woman wonder show and do it all yourself?
12. Do you have a custom website that you frequently update with market information, selling techniques, etc that will draw more buyers to see my property?
13. Do you write a detailed blog post about my property and post it on multiple websites and social media?
14. Do you have a specific marketing plan designed to sell my property quickly and for top dollar? Can I see a copy of the plan?
15. Do you have a toll-free hotline for potential buyers to call 24/7?
16. How many homes have you sold in the last 6 months? Year?
17. What is your median days on market? What is your median list to sales price ratios? How does this compare with the Atlanta market?
18. Do you have references that I may call?
19. What percentage of your business comes from repeat clients or referrals?
20. What happens if I am not happy with your service? Do you have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy? Can I cancel my listing if I am not satisfied or am I locked in?